Dr. Peter Lafon has lived, worked and invested in the Cushing community for 20 years. He is a full partner and co-owner of Cimarron Healthcare Surgical Care Center. Dr Lafon is also on staff at Drumright Regional Hospital, Stroud Regional Hospital & Perry Memorial Hospital. Dr Lafon routinely preforms a variety of outpatient procedures at the surgery center including colonoscopy, EGD, laparoscopic surgery and gallbladders, as well as breast and hernia surgery.
- Chief Resident – World Famous Brook Army Medical Center, San Antonio, Texas
- Chief Of General Surgery – Ireland Army Hospital, Fort Knox, Kentucky
- Chief Of Surgery – Cushing Regional Hospital 1989-2001
- Board Certified, American Board Of Surgery
- Ranked In Top 10% Of Surgeons Nationally
- EGD (Upper endoscopy)
- Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy
- Diagnostic Laparocopy
- Groin and Abdominal Wall Hernias
- Breast and Skin Cancer Surgery
Dr. Lafon performs surgery for skin cancer, colonoscopy, bronchoscopy, surgery for breast disease and colon cancer. He is experienced in laparoscopic and minimally invasive surgery of the GI tract, gallbladder and hernias. He performs emergency surgery, trauma surgery and critical care. Dr Lafon is the only surgeon in Cushing trained to perform Lap-Band® surgery.
The Lafon Family
Dr. Lafon and Ahniwake moved to Cushing in 1988. Both raised in Oklahoma, after residency, they wanted to return to Oklahoma to raise their children in a small town near extended family. Now teenagers, both of their children, Allie and Christian, have been raised in Cushing. The Lafon family has been active in school, sports and church activities in Cushing. Ahniwake is a freelance artist. Allie is a college student and an accomplished musician. Peter and Christian enjoy playing golf and watching sports in their free time.