Our bariatric surgeon, Dr. Fred Crapse, and his bariatric team are dedicated to changing lives by providing dietary guidance and weight loss surgery for patients. Our team serves patients from all over the Oklahoma and surrounding states.
We specialize in laproscopic gastric sleeve weight loss surgery, a minimally invasive technique that removes approximately 85% of your stomach and re-shapes the remaining portion into a tube or “sleeve”. The result is a much smaller stomach which leaves you feeling less hunger and limits the amount of food you can take in.
Gastric sleeve surgery is considered a “restrictive” procedure, in that it reduces the size of meal portions your body can tolerate without changing the digestive process. However, a specialized diet and regimen of chewable and/or dissolvable vitamin supplements is recommended following the procedure.
Benefits of Gastric Sleeve Surgery:
- It can cure Type II Diabetes
- The procedure is usually a same day surgery
- It can cure obstructive sleep apnea
- Greatly reduces appetite
- Greatly reduces high blood pressure
- Can reduce cholesterol
- Rapid weight loss occurs in the first 3 to 6 months after surgery followed by a more steady weight loss rate if you continue with the entire bariatric program
- People feel the full sensation longer with minimal food intake
- Compared to other weight loss surgeries, there are much fewer absorption problems, if any, after gastric sleeve surgery
- Approximately 70% of people who have gastric sleeve surgery have their excess weight off five years after having the procedure